$150/person - Limited to 3 attendees - SOLD OUT
$50 deposit to reserve spot
Join me to photograph this wonderful group of yellow colored warblers including Pine, Prothonotary and Prairie Warblers. We will spend the morning in the swamps and pine forests of southern/central New Jersey where these beautiful birds love to hang out. Incredibly these brightly colored birds do a great job of blending in to the freshly green spring forest and I will do my best to get them out in the open to offer you great opportunities to photograph these spectacular warblers.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Close and clear views of the 3 species of warbler.
- Multiple encounters with each of the species and views of some in varying habitats
- Medium level hikes through dense trails, wet swampy trails and a rock covered trail
- Some patience required to find the birds and photograph them in the open
- Lenses from 300mm to 600mm recommended
- Monopod or tripod unless you can handhold your rig. A monopod is recommended for flexibility in this dense area.
- Waterproof boots or hiking sandals that are fine with getting wet. Some of the trails may be possibly submerged well past ankle deep depending on the current rain levels.
- Photography will be under dense forest cover so the fastest possible lens you have will be the best since many scenarios will be low light levels.
WHAT I WILL PROVIDE:
- Professional tips and suggestions how to achieve clear, sharp and well composed photos of the warblers for up to 3 hours.
- Suggestions for compositions, perches and clean background that will make for great warbler photos.
- I'll answer any questions you may have about warbler photography and technical camera settings.
- Pine Warbler
- Prothonotary Warbler
- Prairie Warbler
Likely to see:
- Black and White Warbler
- White-eyed Vireo
Possible to see:
- Hooded Warbler
- Yellow Warbler
- Worm-eating Warbler
You can view some photos I have taken of these warblers below. If you would like to book with me click the "book this outing" button at the top and I hope to have you join me watching and photographing Pine, Prothonotary and Prairie Warblers.