$150/person - Limited to 6 attendees
$50 deposit to reserve spot
Join me to photograph the interesting and unique American Oystercatchers and other shorebirds that inhabit the beaches of Stone Harbor Point. We will spend time trying to zero in on the Oystercatchers all while additional shorebirds move around us and usually come rather close.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Close encounters with American Oystercatchers as well as other common shorebird species
- Possible courtship behavior among the American Oystercatchers, which is always amusing and fun to photography
- Feeding shorebirds as they pull worms from the wet sand
- If it is a clear day you will be able to photograph until the last bit of sun since it is a wide open beach
- Lenses from 300mm to 600mm recommended
- A ground pod or some low level support system is recommended for low perspective angles. If you can hand hold your rig that will be fine as well.
- A right angle viewfinder attachment is recommended to save your neck while shooting prone for extended periods of time.
- The sand will sometimes be wet so if you are concerned with getting sand (wet or dry) on your camera or lens then I suggest using a rain sleeve to protect your gear.
- As mentioned above often the sand will be wet so be prepared to get yourself wet and dirty, we will be laying on the ground most of the time.
WHAT I WILL PROVIDE:
- Professional tips and suggestions how to achieve unique and nice looking photos of shorebirds on an open beach.
- Suggestions for different lighting options as well as pleasing backgrounds
- Answers to any questions regarding bird photography or camera settings
- American Oystercatcher
- Semi-palmated Plover
LIKELY TO SEE:
- Black-bellied Plover
- Piping Plover
- Semipalmated Sandpiper
You can view some photos I have taken of the American Oystercatchers and other shorebirds below. If you would like to book with me click the "book this outing" button at the top and I hope to have you join me watching these wonderful beach dwelling birds.